Fellow Township and Village Residents,
This year has posed great challenges not only for our communities, but for our nation, and the world. As much as we long for some sort of normalcy during these ever-trying times, we are up against an invisible enemy that is difficult to contain. As your local fire department, we strive to be there when you need us and will continue to do so no matter what we are face with. The COVID-19 Pandemic has changed many things. It has changed the way we respond, the way we train, the way we communicate, and even the way we interact with our community members.
Many of you are familiar with our annual Visit from Santa event that we have conducted seamlessly and consistently for the past 31 years in December. This is by far our most favorite time of year and we look forward to this event each Christmas time. With that being said, we are enacting the following changes to this year’s event:
- We are eliminating gift delivery this year. Therefore, both gift collection dates are canceled.
- We will not go door to door.
- Santa and fire department personnel will remain in or near the fire apparatus and will slow down and stop only to wave to your children.
- We will not enter anybody’s home.
- We will wear masks.
- Although appreciated, we will not accept any offers of food or drink from our residents.
We know this year has been a tough one for everybody and we look forward to the day when your children are able to sit on Santa’s lap again.